Reports RHINTE (PA – OM Integration)
During an SAP implementation, conversion program will occur to load OM and PA data separatedly as their own infotypes / objects. But there is a missing connection between OM / PA through relationships and other tables that might not get loaded via conversion. Actually, this will be occurred when we’re using mass data update method (LSMW or any other customized batch input program), cause there are such background screen that can’t be called during the batch input session.
With that, we have several RHINTE programs to assist in this matter. You can access it via SE38 or SA38 transaction code.
RHINTE00 – Transfer PA Records To PD Positions. In another world, it creates the HRP1001 between P to S in the OM side of the world. When you view a record via IT0001, you see this person holds the position, however via HRP1001, that relationship isn’t so.
Other Explanations are:
This loops through all employees in PA by looking at positions on infotype 0001. It checks the orresponding person to position relationship exists in PD (A008), if not it is created.
Other Related Links :
- RHINTE10 – Generates the required relevant tables. (T513 – Jobs, T513S – Jobs, T528B – Positions, T528T – Work Center, T527X – Org Unit
Other explanation are:
Generally, the program RHINTE20 will be used instead of this one. This program loops through the PD table HRP1000. For each job, position, work centre and organization unit, corresponding entry is created in the PA tables, which are shown above. Run this with evaluation path o_s_p, which runs through Org units, jobs and positions or find a suitable alternative if you wish to update work centers also. The main difference with this program as opposed to RHINTE20 is that this one has the option to delete items from the PA tables, which no longer exist in PD.
- RHINTE20 – checks for all objects for integration between PA and OM. This is a big one and will take awhile to run. What it does is look at table T513/T513T – Jobs, T528/T528T – Position, and T528X – Org Unit. It will then compare it against the HRPxxxx table to find missing objects. If there are any missing objects, it will create the record.
Other explanation are:
This program loops through the PD table HRP1000. For each job, position, work centre and organization unit, corresponding entry is created in the PA tables, which are shown above. Run this with evaluation path o_s_p, which runs through Org units, jobs and positions or find a suitable alternative if you wish to update work centers also. An example output will show:
Expand the tree items to display a list of objects that can be created:
When the above reports have been run, use this check program, which looks through all employees and reports any inconsistencies found between PA and PD.
- RHINTE30 – Transfer OM to PA. This will create infotype 0001. If the conversion strategy is to have SAP auto inherit factor to kick in for IT0001, often time jobs and org unit are missing via IT0001 during the inital conversion load. RHINTE30 will find the relationship and push it through IT0001.
Other explanation are:
This will create an infotype 0001 record with correct entries for org unit, job, position and work centre by looking through the organization structure. It creates a batch job, which must be run via SM35. More details to follow.
This will check inverse relationships and create missing one.
After running these, don’t forget to check SM35 as some of them will create a BDC Session that needs to be executed for actual update.
Usually the rule of thumbs on conversion is that you use DTT, LMSW, or even custom ABAP program to load P0000, P0001, and P0002. Once those are done, you run RHINTE00 to establish the P-S relationship on the OM side from information you’ve load via P0001. You then would run and RHINTE10 to establish the text table on the PA side for positions, org unit, and jobs. You are correct that text are stored in HRP1000, however that is where OM stores the information. PA has a few text tables storing the same information for PA usage. RHINTE10 will handle that. At the end of the process you would run RHINTE30. What this would do is re-create P0001, this time allowing standard SAP integration functionality to default in the org unit and job into the field. Since you did RHINTE00 earlier, you’ve established P to S relationship on the OM side. Not SAP knows where to find the O and C.
Of course the process above is only showing one point of view and scenario. Different implementation will have different flavor of how conversion occurs. You would have to test it out and do trial and error on finding the best solution for you.
Read the help files for further details and also explore what other possibility you can use this for outside of implementation (i.e.: Pos Go-Live situation as in Production Support)
Some issues related in running these above reports such as:
1) After running RHINTE, the text in present and previous positions has got truncated to a maximum of 19 / 20 characters.
2) The relationship between position and person for the previous position held by the person is not getting delimited in the OM module i.e., if a person w.e.f. 01.04.2005 is Manager – IT and his previous position was Associate Manager – IT then the relationship between the person and the previous position should have be delimited as on 31.03.2005. However this did not happen.
RHINTE00 is to transfer data from PA to OM (not from OM to PA). For transferring data from OM to PA we use RHINTE30.
Now coming to the issues
1) After running RHINTE, the text got truncated:
Based on your settings in t77s0 (last letter is zero)for PLOGI-TEXTO, PLOGI-TEXTS and PLOGI-TEXTC (for org unit, job and position respectively), when RHINTE00 is run, two options are possible.
a) Integration is active (an entry ‘X’ in t77s0): In this case the TEXT of the object (O, C or P) will be entered in the ‘object abbreviation’ field in IT1000. In this case the text is truncated by the system.
b) Integration is not active (an entry ‘ ‘ in t77s0): In this case the OBJECT ID of the object (O, C or P) will be entered in the ‘object abbreviation’ field in IT1000. (No truncation happens).
In both cases, the OBJECT TEXT is transferred to the OBJECT NAME field in IT1000.
2) The previous relationship between position and person not getting delimited:
Please note that you can run the report with three different selection options with regard to delimitation of old holder relationships.
2. Only positions from IT0001
(Please see ‘Report Specific Settings’ area in the selection screen.
If you select the second option, ie ‘Only positions from IT0001, the old ‘holder’ relationships will be delimted in IT1001.
(But please keep in mind that incase you have the scenario where a person occupies more than one position, only one holder relationship for each IT0001 record selected (the one that is saved in IN0001) will be delimited.